• Good stuff. Reminds me of the good old days playing text-based adventure games in CMD.
    Have you tried the recent AI-generated one? http://www.aidungeon.io/
  • I think you should be able to upvote downvote at the same time as calling something a shitpost vs valuable (but possibly disagreeable).
  • Fuck man got away with it for 2 years! Must have been having a lotta fun at the dollar store!
  • Interdasting idea. What would the compass points be?

I know some sights have done something similar where they have like “reactions” section directly adjacent to the comments. “Funny”, “shocking”, etc. Doesn't seem like they really caught on but I still see them around from time to time.
  • 1
  • Ignore all the duplicates, it was telling me that it was failing to post the story, and now it's apparently refusing to let me delete them too. Good times . . . .
  • Good job! Are you going to show us the finished product later (presumably painted)?
  • I have anonymous unauthenticated posts allowed on my site and it is 100% pure spam. Spam is kinda like comfortable internet background noise to me, so I don't much mind it, but I don't want to be used for SEO purposes so I have a lot of wordfilters in place to make it silly. Eg, s/https:\/\//gopher:\/\//
  • I'd love a temporary testing period for this idea just to see how hectic things could be, spam-wise. In return we will have more content and more people so why not?
  • I would say no. Websites like this are meant to be "source of the content" on the internet.
    It will for sure take time to reach a good number of users but opening it to anyone (to come and spam) won't be great.
  • I'm not the biggest fan, but it's not a terrible idea. We should test it out, and definitely add more spam protection.
  • I think the best way to go about doing this is to offer an option to sub mods to open their sub to anonymous users (off by default), with the stipulation the mods HAVE to be 100% on-top of things. If the mods are unable to handle the non-account traffick, and it starts disrupting the site, I or another admin coudl always tep in to require accounts once more.
  • There's the arch.
  • Image Transcription: Test Question

[A programming test question. Code for an answer is scratched out in pen. In the text of the question, the words "blue and white" have a box drawn around them in pen as a highlighting measure.]

5. (20 points) Write the code to create a checkerboard. The board is blue and white and containing 64 squares. Each square is 10 pixels in length. The top-left square is positioned at 0, 0. (Hint: You can fill one large square as the background, and place the smaller squares on top of it.)

[An example black-and-white checkerboard is depicted. It is annotated with the coordinates of the corners, as well as with the dimensions of the first square. The answer has some parts crossed out.]

g.~~file~~fillRect(0,0,80,80);

g.drawRect(50,40,10,10);
    g.drawRect[70,40,10,10);
    g.drawRect(0,50,10,10);
    g.drawRect(20,50,10,10);
    g.drawRect(40,50,10,10);
    g.drawRect(60,50,10 10);

[By this point, having run out of room to add a new line below their previous code on the page, the test-taker has drawn an arrow indicating that flow continues in a different column. Accompanying this code is some feedback written in colored ink by someone besides the test-taker, which will be indicated below in bold.]

g.drawRect(10,60,10,10);
    g.drawRect(30,60,10,10);
    g.drawRectL50,60,10,10);
    g.drawRect(70,60,10,10);
    g.drawRect(0,70,10,10);
    g.drawRect(20,70,10,10);
    g.drawRect(40,70,10,10);
    g.drawRect(60,20,10,10);

Use for loops!

^^I'm a human volunteer content transcriber for Reddit and you could be too! If you'd like more information on what we do and why we do it, click here!
  • Whatever you do, you better keep that sweet sweet debian apache 2 default page a-e-s-t-h-e-t-i-c. Like Damn. Whoa Sexy. Does like.